Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Makeup & Storage collection! (Muji containers)



Hi everyone!

First post in the new year! YAY! Anywhoo I just wanted to update you guys on my new makeup and storage collection using these acrylic cases I purchased online! I've been in need of them ever since I saw beauty gurus rave about them on youtube! 

I ordered them from MUJI online and I believe that they also have a store in New York. Shipping was fast and they were pretty affordable!


The first acrylic case that  ordered was the 5 drawer acrylic case. The size is 10.2X6.9X6.3 and they are 27.95$ USD. You can find the link here! I use this drawer to store all my makeup. Initially I bought 2 acrylic drawer cases because I thought one wouldn't be enough, but actually I was wrong! I use the other drawer case (2 level acrylic casefor my jewelry). The size is 10 X 6.6 X 3.7 and the price is 25.25$ USD. You can find the 2 drawer acrylic case here!These drawers are deeper than the 5 drawer case and you can stack more makeup in them. The nice thing about these drawers is that you can stack the 5 drawer case on the 2 drawer case and it won't slip or slide (it has groves on the edges-- very cool!)



My first impressions of the drawer: Very nice and durable! Good quality cases (not the cheap flimsy ones that you find at the dollar stores). Take note that the drawers aren't that deep (You can only 2 wet n' wild eyeshadow palettes stacked up and thats it. However, you can still fit lots in each drawer! Since I don't have a ton of makeup, this drawer was enough to fit everything I owned! 

Drawer level 1:

Since I love using eyeshadows on a daily basis, I put the eyeshadows up at the top. It also looks very pretty when displaying it because of all the color combinations of shadows I have. As you can see, I normally tend to grab my Naked 2 palette (and it also didn't fit in my drawers so I left this palette out).

Drawer level 2:

Here are my single eyeshadows. As you can see, I love eyeshadows! I also randomnly have my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (The best drugstore face powder hands down!) in there since there wasn't enough room in any of the other drawers. (Which is okay, this normally is in my makeup bag! =)

Drawer level 3: 

I put all my blushes, bronzers, primer, foundation and concealers in here. I recently bought the Vichy Dermablend Ultra-corrective foundation stick and I use it as a concealer and a foundation (such a great product- I will be doing a review on this product soon =0

Drawer level 4:

I love mascaras, and as you can tell, I really love the maybelline mascaras the best! Since mascaras last only ~2-3 months, I'm always buying more and more. I never only use one mascara, I always end up combining two mascaras to give me that volume and length (try maybelline cat-eyes with the maybelline falsies-- it works great on me!).

Drawer level 5:

This is where I keep all my eyeliners, eyeliner gel, lip liner, eyebrow pencil, NYX pencils and lip products. ( FYI:l'Oreal Lineur Intense is my favourite eyeliner- Very easy to use, and it's the blackest eyeliner that I own and lasts all day!)

Overall I was very pleased with the MUJI containers! They are very nicely presented, they slide in and out very nicely, very good quality for the price and the size is just right for me! For the price, I'd definitely consider buying these if you're trying to look for a cheaper alternative acrylic drawer case. Although I wouldn't really recommend these drawers for someone who has LOADS of makeup (there are other alternative drawer cases out there which are bigger and deeper, making storage easier to manage).



Price: 5/5 
Durability/Quality: 5/5 (I haven't had any problems yet, so it's perfect to me!)
Size: 4/5 (I bought 2 drawers thinking it wouldn't be big enough, I was wrong!)

Overall rating: 14/15! As Eleventhgorgeous on Youtube would say, go get you sum!!


What do you guys use to organize your makeup? Let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment